Sunday 17 August 2014

The Meaning Of Aidilfitri to Me

Name         : Nur Anis Farhana Binti Shahrul Nizam
ID number  : PTM140716815


Hari Raya Aidilfitri is a time whereby Muslims the world over celebrate the end of the fasting month. Hari Raya Aidilfitri is the moment that all Muslims wait to celebrate because it is only once in a year. The word Hari Raya mean " day of celebration "or also known as Hari Raya Puasa to conclude the Ramadhan holy month of fasting. 

So, my preparation during Hari Raya is always same. More happening, more exciting than my previous preparation. Well, celebration Hari Raya at least one month ahead, during the fasting period of Ramadhan. Women start to sew beautiful curtains or buy a new curtains and buy new clothes with family together. The best of getting Hari Raya, when family and I were making preparation together. We also do decorate for the house so that the house would look better when the guest visit it during the festival. I usually will tidy all of part in the house it would look clean. 


After fullfilling their one-month of fasting, the Muslims would be joyful to celebrate Hari Raya Puasa. I really excited because I can meet my relatives that long time not going to meet them. On the morning of Hari Raya, the men perform prayers at the mosque while children ask for forgiveness from their parents. When I ask forgiveness to my parents, i feel a bit touch in my heart. I feel happy because I still have my parents that always with me and I should be thankful because i still can celebrate this festive with my family. Futhermore, the little ones will also be given "duit raya" or gifts of money in small green packets. While, the first three days of Hari Raya are usually reserved for catching up the family. Many famillies hold open houses throughout the month where friends and neighbours of other races are invited to share conversation, laughter and variety of cookies, candy and traditional delicious.




Ketupat is one the must-have at Hari Raya. It is served together with beef rendang, chicken rendang and the best delicious is serunding. It has a 3 types of serunding, chicken serunding, beef serunding and also coconut serunding. I love chicken serunding. Moreover, Nasi Impit also the best delicious and i can served with Kuah Kacang. Kuah Kacang is my favourite and I don't missed to eat my favourite food when Hari Raya. Othe delicious delicates are such as Lemang. I'm Johorean and we don't miss a famous delicious at Johor is Lontong. Lontong contains a vegetables and should be have a Tempe. Are sound like interesting, isn't ? It is very delicious. Hari Raya is full of colourful and why? because kuih raya or cookies is always be like colourful. Hari Raya is also full of variety food, cookies and many more. Kerepek also should have at Hari Raya because kerepek is like a junk food or dessert if you don't have any choice to eat. hihi.

So celebration doesn't end there as one month of Hari Raya Aidilfitri celebrations follow a month of fasting. Eventhough people that back to hometown has been back to the cities and start working, we still can celebrate with happening moment. But the best moment is at the hometown where is all relatives at there. People can continue visiting each other 's homes and throwing open houses until the festivitives approaches it's end 30days. It isn't often that festivities last for a month long, so take the opportunity to catch up with friends and family while indulging in the various delicacies. Overall, Hari Raya Puasa is a delightful festival for the Muslims.


-SELAMAT HARI RAYA AIDILFITRI-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our Homes

We're from section 10 semester 1 students KPTM, Bangi in course Diploma in Business Management. This blog is a our project to get more marks for final exam and to get A's in subject Proficiency English 1. InshaAllah.